Carnoustie Bowling Club was founded in 1875 and has been operating continuously at the same address since then. Although the clubhouse has undergone many changes over the years the green has changed very little apart from being upgraded to conform to the rules of the modern game. The green is still one of the biggest single greens in the area and can accommodate 8 full size rinks with space to spare. At 43 metres it is also one of the longest playing surfaces in this district.
The clubhouse is now a modern facility with a licensed capacity of 120 persons. There are also modern facilities including a fully accessible toilet with baby changing facilities, a full kitchen, changing rooms for both sexes as well as toilet facilities to match. As always there is the proverbial bar with a wide range of classic beverages (including non-alcoholic drinks). The clubhouse is available for functions, both for the bowling fraternity and other organisations, subject to availability and the agreement of the committee and the members.
Robert Alexander OBE